What is Headout Travel
Headout was founded in July 2014 offers around 800+ attraction around the world including sightseeing tours, museum tickets and shows.
Headout is a travel app helping travelers discover and book tours, activities, events and local experiences on very short notice at discounted prices. In most cases, travelers book activities and events through the app for the same day. It is meant for travelers that don’t plan ahead and only have a few hours to kill, but no idea what to do. Headout is supposed to help them experience the new city in a fun and spontaneous way.
Why sell on Headout
Headout has served over 5 million customers and has over 5,000+ verified reviews on Trustpilot with 90% excellent score. Apart from delivering travelers with short notice bookable activities Headout allows operators to sell tours, activities, attraction tickets, events & other local experiences paperless.
Some of Headout main competitors are Klook, Viator and Get Your Guide. So, if you’re already listed on these Platforms you might consider getting listed on Headout as well. These are the most important benefits they offer tour operators:
- 24/7 Customer service: They offer 24/7 customer service in 10 different languages (German, Portuguese, English, Korean, Italian, French, Spanish, Chinese, Japanese, Dutch) and there are more languages to come!
- Reach a wider audience: As with most OTA’s getting listed on Headout will increase your visibility. They do not only sell its content via their app and website, but also via the Google Trips mobile app, through partnerships like Wall Street Journal and Handy and the in-room hotel services app for hotels from Tink Labs.
- Easy and free Sign-up: You can easily and most important become an affiliate partner for free! There are no monthly payments and you’ll get a dedicated manager who will help you and take care of all your bookings made through their platform.
Things to remember
Headout specializes in city-trip and tours. Their main focus is on understanding the city and going deep in a category. This means, that you can only get listed on them if you offer trips such as sightseeing tours, sell tickets for events and exhibitions or anything else travelers might be interested in seeing and doing on a city trip.
The cities they currently operate in are NY, London, Dubai, Rome, Singapore, Paris, Las Vegas, Barcelona, Florence, Granada, Bankok, Madrid, Sydney, Hong Kong, Seville, Milan, Budapest, Naples, Berlin, Melbourne, Venice, Edinburgh, Osaka, Tokyo, Pattaya, Phuket.
- Cities: As mentioned before, Headout only works with operators that sell experiences and activities in major cities. They currently operate in 24 cities but want to expand to 100 cities in North America, Europe and the Asia-Pacific. So, if your city isn’t currently listed you should still get in touch with them and ask if they’re interested in working with you.
- Commission: Headout charges a 12% commission on each booking that you sell through their website. During the on-boarding process, you will set up an account on HasOffers. Each month, you will receive your payment via wire transfer through your HasOffers account.
- Minimum payment threshold: You can choose the payment currency, but the minimum payout is set at $50. If your months earning is less than $50, Headout will continue to add up your monthly earnings until you reach the minimum transfer requirement.